Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Knowing God - Hebrews 6:7-8

(from Pastor)

When the ground
soaks up the rain that falls on it
and bears a good crop for the farmer,
it has the blessing of God.
But if a field bears thistles and thorns,
it is useless.
Hebrews 6:7-8
 
Most summer days I get to drive by fields of corn and grain.
 
I love that!
 
Some days, the corn seems green and alive. Other days it seems dry and thirsty. But either way, I'm glad it's corn instead of thorns, blessings instead of curses, crops instead of wasteland and thistles.
 
I thank God that you are corn, turning occasionally to these devotions and God's word for moisture and nourishment. Too often we beat up on ourselves, wondering if we're deserts and wastelands. Fear not!
 
I love it when you're green and growing.
 
I also love it when we're thirsty. Yes, a little thirsty implies a little unhealthy dryness. But a little thirst also implies an increasing desire. God blesses true desire -- especially when it refuses to be quenched by anything but him.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to get really wet
--------------------------------------
This was a bit of encouragement.  I have been in such a desert. Wanting my cup to not overfill, but to have just a bit in it.  Maybe my tenacity is enough right now. The fact that as much as I want to - I haven't given up yet. I haven't run away. I'm still corny.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home