Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Proverbs 15:16


A bowl of vegetables with someone you love
is better than steak with someone you hate.
Proverbs 15:16
 
I couldn't pass up this verse!!! (And by the way, this is especially true for vegetarians.)
 
For the last two weeks, my devotions have focused on learning to listen to God. Give me feedback: Did it work?
 
The whole purpose of learning to listen to God is to get us to love him more. Most of us love God -- to some degree -- in theory. We know he's God. We appreciate his magnificent creation. We treasure his sacrifice. But until we know how to hear -- until our relationship is personal -- it's hard to truly love him like we love our parents, children, spouse, or best friend.
 
Listening to God is an important skill in getting to know God personally and developing our relationship with him.
 
Therefore, I pray that these past several days of devotions have been like steak with someone you are loving more and more.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who eats his vegetables first
(I get them out of the way so
I can devote the rest of my meal
to the good stuff)
---------------------------------------
I loved the listening to God devotionals.

But. I know that I don't have it down yet. I am struggling to hear God. To know what he wants from me.  Most days it feels like futility.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home