Monday, February 15, 2010

Other's perceptions do not equal not my reality

  • Your faith pours out of your words as posted on your blog, and that’s an inspiration to me.
  • Your depth of faith is an encouragement to us all.
  • It has also been a blessing to have you join us on Friday mornings for the Beth Moore [Believing God] study. Your insight has knocked me off my feet and helped me understand more than I would have.
 These were comments made to me in emails this week. And so not what I see.  The comments were made in reference to my 'family' blog (linked up top).  I am so weak.  I am trying to be faithful. To be obedient.  I am not holding myself up. I am being held up by God's grace alone.  I do not deserve it and the thought of his love baffles me.  I do not deserve it.  Who does?

I am stubbornly learning the difference between knowing and believing.  I like to learn. I like to get a topic and research it and really understand it.  As I study the bible, I am finding that the more I research a topic, the less I am actually understanding it.  Like they say, "Ignorance is bliss."  But I am still digging.  Insights during the Beth Moore study are coming more from an academic/head viewpoint than one of faith.  There is plenty that I know in my head. That I know is true.  But my heart just doesn't grasp it.  or accept it. and I don't know how to bridge that gap.

So you see, their perception of me is one of a mirage.  Their perception of my 'depth of faith' is not reality at all.  But mirage's are true for the person looking at them...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to use one of my favorite phrases...

The Truth is not dependent on your willingness to believe it.

Has it ever occurred to you that your perception of you is the mirage? Here's the thing...many (if not most) people would cave in the face of suffering. They would not lean on God for His strength. They would choose disobedience and rationalize that God would understand.

Our strength is strongest when it is His strength. Our faith is purest when it is not in our own comprehension, but placed in God even when we cannot understand His purpose. We are our best self when we are in a state of total dependence on God, and it is Him who is holding us up. And when we are held up solely by God's grace, it is sufficient to do the job-- more so than anything we have to offer.

2 Cor:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Did you hear that? Christ's power is resting on you.

Chris, you are an amazing, inspiring, encouraging, faith-filled, beautiful, wholly-loved child of God...whether you choose to believe it or not.

I love you!
Laurie (I've been posting as anonymous...haven't figured out how to post as me.)

Feb 16, 2010, 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home