Monday, July 05, 2010

Knowing God - Hosea 2:16

(from Pastor)
On that day, says the Lord,
you will call me, "My husband,"
and no longer will you
call me, "My Baal."
Hosea 2:16
 
In the Old Testament, God is the bridegroom and Israel is the bride.
 
In the New Testament, Christ is the bridegroom and the church is the bride.
 
The point ... God woos us like a teenage boy woos the prettiest girl in school ... with two exceptions:
 
1) God is so much more suave about it than any teenage boy could pretend to be (especially me when I was fourteen. I wore a pair of glow in the dark shoes to a school dance. But that's another story.)
 
2) It doesn't matter whether we're the "prettiest girl in school" or not. God loves us just the way we are. In fact, the more broken and vulnerable we are, the more loving he is. He is drawn irresistibly to those who hunger for his embrace.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who doesn't own
glow-in-the-dark shoes anymore
(because I'd probably wear them if I did.)
-------------------------------- 
What is scary is that I haven't had a real conversation with pastor in a while, yet he still touches on something talked about today with someone.  I was never the 'prettiest girl in school' - in fact I was one of the more awkward ones ... wore a headgear, was told to 'go away' during recess, didn't have many close friends ... But God still chose me. He wants me. As messed up as I am, he still wants me.  And you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home