Thursday, June 02, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Proverbs 18:24


Some friends play at friendship
but a true friend sticks closer
than one's nearest kin
Proverbs 18:24
 
How's the weather today?
 
I ask that because if the weather is fair, I wonder if it's reminding you of too many people -- Indeed, do you know any people who "play at friendship" and are "fair weather friends"?
 
Now, the self-satisfying way to read this passage is to point at other people and judge whether they are fair-weather or true. The more challenging and most accurate way to read this is: Am I fair-weather or true?
 
Which relationships do you need to work on?
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who hopes he's occasionally
a captain in a storm
---------------------------------
There are times I have been a much better friend than others. For the past year and a half - I have been a lousy friend.  Not even fair weather. Just plain lousy!

Thankfully though - I have had 'true friend[s] who stuck closer than kin.' And the weather on my personal island was anything but fair. It was dark and stormy. Something only hurricane hunters and storm chasers would typically brave.

I pray that as I continue to heal and grow that I will be able to be that friend who stick closer than kin when needed to others.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home