Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Genesis 19:1-21:34, 25:12-18, 1 Chronicles 1:28-31

Sodomy, Mass Killing, Destruction, Incest, 

Sodom and Gomorrah...the travelers helped Lot and his family escape - despite men wanting Lot to let them out to 'have sex with them.' Pretty bold if you ask me. And scary.  An angry mob surrounds your house and demand your guests come out - you offer your daughters to protect your guests. I don't know if I would have done that.  Sulfur was rained down to destroy the cities - and the land they were one.  That means generations can't use that land.  God was furious to say the least!

Abraham and Sarah moved to another area.  Out of fear, Abe told them Sarah was his sister.  Of course she was beautiful! So the king wanted her as his wife.  When he realized the mistake made, he returned her to Abe. God then closed every womb because of Sarah.  Then, miracles of miracles. enough to make a person laugh at disbelief at God. To shake your head and say, "You're funny."  In 21:6 Sarah says, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me."  A sign of one who is compassionate? I think so. 

I don't think I recall reading about Hagar and Ishmael wandering in the desert and on the edge of death.  Because Ishmael was Abe's son, God kept his promise of a line through him.  In the end, even if we can't see it through the process, God will keep his promises.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home