Sunday, July 11, 2010

spinning

I have never seen the entire movie "The Exorcist" but have seen a few scenes.  There is one in which people are buried up to their necks and their heads start spinning uncontrollably until they explode.  That is me. right now.  I am buried up to my neck and my head is spinning.

If this had happened earlier this year, I would have just melted into a puddle on the floor or completely shut down.  That how deep into the depths of depression I was.  I am still recovering from depression, but even being buried up to my neck is almost tolerable.  I know I will come out of this tired - exhausted even - but ok.  The work I am doing is for good and will have very positive results.  (I am on the board of directors for a national organization and our bi-annual conference is in 4 days in DC...then I am off to AR for another conference and then my kids start school in 2 weeks.)

God is good.  He won't let my head spin so fast it gets out of control and explodes (besides - that would be really messy - brain goo everywhere!)  Spinning can also be fun sometimes.  Are you spinning? Who is controlling your merry-go-round?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home